5 Must-See Quarterly Business Review Stats From Our New Report
When internal quarterly business reviews (QBRs) became a sales standard, data was managed in disparate systems, team members were frequently misaligned on strategic account goals and progress, and overall QBRs were considered a time-consuming, manual process.
Fast forward to today. For many companies, none of this has changed, and so business reviews have become a lackluster remnant of the old days. In other words, they’re done for the sake of doing them and no real value is derived.
But there are those who have turned QBRs to their advantage, tying the old process with new technology. This is why we interviewed 250 Salesforce users to reveal how organizations today are handling internal quarterly business reviews.
Here are 5 eye-opening stats from our State of QBRs Report.
- The top 5 goals for QBRs were: Increase existing account penetration, increase win rates, increase new account acquisition, improve customer experience, and improve key account management
- Only 15% of respondents reported QBRs as “very effective” yet 66% reported they perform QBRs on a regular basis (every quarter, month, or week).
- Nearly ⅔ of respondents said they have a template, standard set of topics, or a QBR system.
- Even though all respondents use Salesforce CRM, only 76% use it to prepare and present their QBRs. The next preferred tools were presentation programs (ie. PowerPoint), spreadsheets (ie. Excel, Sheets). 33% use Key Account Plans.
- What keeps sales up at night? According to these respondents, reducing the time required to prepare and present QBRs (51%), improving data quality (43%) and improving the team’s ability to develop key account plays (37%).
Hungry for more stats? Download the full report here.